Another Covid-19 Update
Dear Parents and Carers,
Just to recap on the process for class closures (although I need to add that we get large documents with changing guidance form PHE and the DfE on at least a weekly basis).
If we have a positive COVID outbreak
- Our own internal Track and Trace is activated and any staff or children we believe have been exposed to the virus will asked to go home / stay at home immediately.
- At the same time, school staff (or me if it is an evening notification) will telephone to advise them of the situation.
- A ParentMail will be sent to ALL parents telling them there has been a case (even if it does not effect their child’s class or area).
- SCC and PHE and the DfE are notified immediately.
- PHE work with us to tell us what we need to do over and above what we might already have actioned.
- Once PHE have agreed the plans, more details will be sent to parents (by the end of the day after the class closure). NB: Sometimes the plans will change as new information emerges, which is unavoidable I am afraid.
- Teachers of the closed classes will prepare remote learning for students and a schedule of streamed lessons. The teachers will notify parents what the work is and give them the live streaming schedules.
- Materials will be emailed and as soon as practically possible, administration staff will print, collate and despatch materials to students homes (a week’s worth at a time). These will be despatched by the method most useful to parents and practical for the school at the time: mail or personal delivery.
- Those children who receive Free School Meals will also receive vouchers for the days not in school in these packages.
- Teachers of the classes will stay in contact with all parents in their own class throughout.
- Class teachers (unless they themselves are poorly) are the first point of contact for parents and available to you all day / every day.
- Welfare department is also available to anyone.
- We will send periodic / regular notices with updated information when it becomes available.
- We are of course available to speak with any parent regarding any aspect of the situation at any time.